Our client, a leading international Network Security solutions provider is focused on seeking an Account Manager in its Reston, VA area. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in sales with excellent Business contacts. This role will focus primarily on direct selling, with some responsibility to work with partners to close deals.
- Responsible for networking with partners and industry contacts to identify leads and build awareness of our client's service offerings.
- Responsible for building and executing against a pipeline of new leads. Prospecting and networking to develop the leads, setting appointments, and closing deals.
- Responsible for management reporting, administration, and some account management of existing customers.
- Developing and mentoring team members to drive quality of work and hold accountability across the team.
- Document and track all technical details and support other regions whenever required.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or related technical field.
- At least 5 years of customer facing experience providing customer presentations, designs and pricing.
- Strong preference for Sales Engineer or Technical Account Management background from a Network Service Provider, such as CLEC, ISP, Managed Services Providers, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies
- Knowledge of converged / unified communications VoIP, SIP, H.323, and IP Telephony.
- Team player with company and project-oriented initiative.
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills to allocate resources across multiple projects.
- Familiarity with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision: High Performance, Low Maintenance type of employee.
- Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation.
- Knowledge of networking technologies and routing protocols, including IP, MPLS, IPSec, GRE, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, PBR, DWDM.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 15-20%.
Highly Preferred but not mandatory:
- Technical certifications such as Cisco?s CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA,
- Industry specific certifications such ITIL Fundamentals, CISSP, GEAC.
- Familiarity with industry standard routing protocols such as: RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, MPLS, IP, IPSec, GRE, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, PBR, DWDM.
- Knowledge of networking equipment from Juniper, Cisco, Extreme, Nortel, Ciena, Lucent and others.
- Knowledge of multicast data distribution in either the financial or entertainment verticals.
- Knowledge of physical infrastructure such as fiber optics, conduit, etc.
- Knowledge of applications, operating systems and security as they pertain to managed hosted solutions.
- Knowledge of electrical power and ability to perform power calculations as it pertains to data center topologies.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper equipment.
- Experience working in a managed services environment would be an advantage.