Sr. Product Manager - Network Services - Denver, CO
Job Code: 3501
Company: J Patrick and Associates
Location: Denver, CO
Employment Type: Full Time
Wage: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 yearly
Senior Product Manager of Network Services
Our client, a leading provider international telecommunications carrier market is currently seeking a Senior Product Manager of Network Services. The candidate will drive the development of new applications, penetrate new markets, and educate the sales team on market trends and product features.
- Maintain the status and health of company’s product and services.
- Develops sales collateral and presentations communicating product value proposition and messaging.
- Conducts sales training, participate in sales calls, support the sales team, and represents the organization as a product expert.
- Participates and contributes in defining product vision, direction and market application Seeks new product and market opportunities to increase revenue, improve customer retention and expand offering Monitors and reports on product success/failure to senior management.
- Build partner ecosystem through APIs, negotiated agreements and technology alliances.
- The Product Manager participates in the Build vs. Buy vs. Alliance decision process.
- Leverage the knowledge of technology to enhance, develop, and implement company’s product and services.
- Up to date with current market trends and ensure that all products and services are highly competitive with the market.
- Discontinue outdated and obsolete products and campaigns and promote/update new products and services.
- Identify new prospects and explore new markets for product entry.
- Keep track and update product and services documentation.
- Produce monthly performance reports on all new products and services.
- Create deliverables, case studies, and sales reports.
- Plan and create a roadmap on the execution of promoting the product or services.
- Work with marketing teams to penetrate the market and meet the needs of enterprise class customers.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required;
- Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in product management, product development or marketing.
- Self-starter - demonstrated ability to structure own work and drive projects from their inception through to completion Technical knowledge of product management and product development lifecycle essential.
- Strong track record of product delivery in telecom network services, and knowledge of telecommunications equipment and network architecture desirable, such as DWDM, CWDM, Carrier Ethernet, Metro Ethernet, MPLS, TCP/IP.
- The candidate must possess knowledge of product development lifecycle and methodology and , be capable of documenting product requirements and managing the evolution of products.
- Technical aptitude regarding telecommunications services product offerings and their technical and business development lifecycles, especially in broadband connectivity and transport markets (DWDM, CWDM, Carrier Ethernet, Metro Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, IDS, IPS, TCP/IP,) with the ability to understand complex products and interface with the product team.
- Product Management/ Product development: Create MRDs and PRDs; Product Road Maps, Go-to-Market Strategies, pricing, sales tools, sales collateral.
- Experience creating messaging and sales collateral materials
- Excellent analytical, written and presentation skills Expert PowerPoint and Word ability Creative, strategic thinker able to quickly grasp complex issues Team player able to work effectively across an organization Versatility; ability to multi-task and shift focus to match changing priorities
- Excels in an entrepreneurial environment; ability to effectively utilize the resources of a larger organization
- Ideal Personal Profile Strong ability to make decisions based on varying degrees of information
- High energy level and highly motivated
- Personable and able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Proactive and accustomed to taking initiative Strong team leader and able to motivate others Detail oriented Strong work ethic, commitment and determination. Enthusiastic Willingness to travel
- At least 5-8 years of experience in the telecom industry preferably in a fast-moving, innovative environment.
- At least 3-5 years in a product development role and in particular with expertise in access and metro transport technologies including Ethernet, RPR, SONET, DWDM and CWDM.
inside sales, channel, reseller, account management, VAR, systems integrator, managed servcies, SMB, SME,