Sales Engineer AV/VTC - Toronto, Canada
||Sales Engineer AV/VTC - Toronto, Canada
Our client is a leading global provider of communication products and services, and designs, develops and markets systems and software for video, voice and data is seeking a Pre-Sales Engineer, located in Toronto Canada, handling Enterprise accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services
• Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
• Write market analyses of competing products
• Make sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of product and services in an effective manner.
• Initiate sales proposals
• Develop market strategies that result in revenues and organizational success
• In conjunction with sales team, develop and deliver sales presentations
• Participate in sales forecasting and planning
• Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
• Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
• Manage assigned sales budget
• Meet established sales goals
• Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
• Provide technical consultancy to augment the sales effort for company and client demonstrations, as well as advising customers on how best to utilize company products
• Manage technical relationships between the company and reseller/distributors
• Evaluate, train and support resellers/distributors to sell and support company equipment, field all pre-sales technical issues, and direct customer interaction for the entire life cycle of a sale
• Design end-to-end networks for the deployment of video, voice and data
• Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
• Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company and OEM products
• Perform new product testing.
• Of the company products, peripherals and services, with a focus on a high level of technical expertise
• Culture, organization, values and unique communication needs of each customer and potential customer
• Concepts and principles of engineering that apply to videoconferencing and other relevant forms of data transmission
• Working knowledge of the concepts and principles of sales, marketing, proposal development, customer service
• Project management concepts and principles.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrate technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
• Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
• Discuss videoconferencing technologies with a view to demonstrating their usefulness to current and potential customers
• Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services
• Manage projects, including setting objectives, budgeting and observing deadlines.
• Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
• Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
• Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
• Candidates with InfoComm CTS or CTS-D certifications preferred.
• Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred. Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
• Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
• Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications
• Experience with circuit switched and packet data technologies such as ISDN, T1, T3, ATM, Frame Relay and high speed serial such as V. 35, RS-449
• IP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols
• Win 2000 and IIS
• Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
• Knowledge of the entire H. 32X suite of standards;
• Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
• Usual PC proficiency – Win 98, MacOS, Win2000/NT, UNIX/Linux, MS Office).
• Cisco certifications strongly preferred: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) preferred but not required.
• Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired. In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.
Presentations,Sales Support,Account Management,Demos,WEBEX,Technical Presentations,onsite demonstrations,web demonstrations,videoconferencing; tandberg; polycom.